Early Learning and Childcare
We've been commissioned by the Scottish Government to carry out work ahead of the 2020 expansion in provision
Scotland Excel has been commissioned by the Scottish Government to deliver guidance and templates to support councils and providers in the expansion of early learning and childcare provision in 2020.
The guidance will support implementation of the new National Standard and Funding Follows the Child approaches.
As councils and early learning and childcare providers prepare for the delivery of 1140 hours of early learning and childcare in 2020, we have been asked to develop:
- Guidance and a set of principles for determining local sustainable rates;
- Guidance to support providers to meet the business sustainability criteria set out within the National Standard;
- Guidance and support for transitional arrangements, including procurement and application process options;
- Template terms and conditions;
- Guidance on the implementation of the Scottish Living Wage for workers delivering the funded entitlement through funded providers in the private and third sectors.
We’ll work closely with stakeholders including councils, providers and their representatives across the country as we develop comprehensive operating guidance to support councils and providers to implement the new approach.
As the national centre of procurement expertise for the local government sector, we’re looking forward to helping the Scottish Government implement the new National Standard and Funding Follows the Child approaches which will improve the early learning and childcare experience for our young children and their families.